Technical and economic analysis of design for performance of buildings with steel structure using concentric bracings
Keywords:capacity curve, concentric bracing, weight structure index
This paper presents the analysis of ten structural models of steel structure buildings, using different lateral concentric arches, with software Etabs-16 and Sap2000. to make an observation of the results obtained from the linear and non-linear analysis (Pushover) of the models; taking into consideration the compliance with the minimum parameters established in the Ecuadorian Construction Standard NEC-15, regarding the evaluation of the basal shear and controls so that the structures are considered seismic resistant. The definitive designs of the steel structures are obtained considering the American Institute of Steel Construction norm, and based on the summaries of materials in which indexes are detailed between the total weight and the area of the structures, reference budgets were elaborated. As a consequence, an economic evaluation was carried out to determine which type of concentric bracing turns out to be the most beneficial in terms of costs. The results obtained indicate that the most economical concentric bracing alternative corresponds to the use of reinforced concrete cutting walls, in which savings can be obtained ranging from 14,18% to 17,34% with the use of the other bracing alternatives
2. F. Crisafulli, «Diseño sismorresistente de construcciones de acero», Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina, 2013
3. M. Bruneau, C. Uang, R. Sabelli, «Ductile design of Steel structures», 2nd. ed. New Yorik: McGraw-Hill, 2011
4. Norma Ecuatoriana de la Construcción, NEC-15, «Estructuras de acero», Ecuador, 2015
5. Norma Ecuatoriana de la Construcción, NEC-15, «Peligro sísmico. Diseño sismo resistente», Ecuador, 2015
6. SAP2000, «Integrated Solution for Structural Analysis Program», 2017
7. ETABS, «Integrated Building Design Software», 2016
8. FEMA-356, «Federal Emergency Management Agency», 2000
9. Arcelor Mittal, «Earthquake Resistant Steel Structures», Luxembourg, 1998
How to Cite
Copyrights of the author / s from the year of publication
This work is under international license Creative Commons Reconocimiento-NoComercial-CompartirIgual 4.0.
The opinions expressed by the authors do not necessarily reflect the position of the editor of the publication or UCLA. The total or partial reproduction of the texts published here is authorized, provided that the complete source and electronic address of this journal is cited. Authors have the right to use their articles for any purpose as long as it is done nonprofit. The authors can post on the internet or any other media the final approved version of their work.